Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome in 2010

I have not written for too long a long a time so here goes- It is January 3rd early evening and Beth and the kids are enjoying the last few hours of holiday break before jumping back into their routine tommorrow. Our break has been good with time spent with extended family extra time together playing games, watching movies and going on dates with Beth. This past week has been particulary difficult, on top of getting the news of my sisters divorce from her husband of 17yrs. three of my former parishioners died this past week one was a matriarch to her family, the other a middle-aged father and the final death was the accidental death of a nineteen yearold son to very dear friends of ours. I have been directly involved in the memorial services to two of these and one more service coming up on Tuesday. My goodness the holidays can be so stressful.
I am thankful that my family is together this year and That I am able to continue doing chaplain work so close to home instead of moving to Nebraska.

Namasta and  salaam alakum every one!

No comments: