Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The worst and weakest advice I have ever heard

I must make a confession Beth forced me to watch Fox news this past sunday morning! No not really she had been watching and got up to leave not bothering to change the channel. Anyway I am walking through the den and notice on the TV several political talking heads sitting at a table reviewing events both popluar and political from the past week. The camera pans over to one talking head in particular- Brit Hume. Brit is commenting on the particular topic for this segment, Tiger Woods. Specifically what can Tiger do to make ammends, Say I am sorry- Repair his image - What Ever. Brit then gives the worst and weakest advice I have ever heard,
Well ah I am not certain what religious affiliation Tiger is I have heard he might be Buddhist. If that is the case then he should convert to Christianity There are no provisions in the Buddhist faith for forgiveness and so thats what he should do - convert to Christianity and ask Gods forgiveness.
 What kind of rubbish is that! Dear misinformed Westocentric former journalist talking head Mr Hume- You need a refresher course in eastern religions 101 -Forgiveness and the practice of forgiveness are one of the central practices of Buddhism. Anyway I should have known better than to be watching TV on Sunday morning  for goodness sake.

No comments: